Tuesday, April 16, 2013

65 Years and Counting....

Last night I went to my community's event for Yom Hazikaron and Yom Haatzmaut and I was so overcome with pride for our people. Although not all the shuls participated, there was a huge mix of people from all walks of life. At the end of the program, one of the Rabbis started to sing and form a circle. I was so proud of my dad who joined in. Each person in the circle had a different form of dress and a different type of head covering. There was a Lubavitcher, a Rabbi in a black hat, my dad in a suede Kippa, a teenager in a white kippah sruga.... You get my point. It was so beautiful.

I just want to say that there can be achdus. We can get along. We can put aside our differences and support one another, even if we don't have the same lifestyles, minhagim or viewpoints. We should be proud of the Jewish People's accomplishments.

I am proud to be a Jew! I am proud to be an Israeli. I wish I could be there now.

Am Yisrael Chai!

No comments:

Post a Comment